J1601 Barton, Steve L. Grade 7, Ventura County
- Is Your House Safe?
Advisor: Mr. Brent Susman
School: Ocean View Junior High School, Oxnard
J1602 Berdan, Jenny A. Grade 7, Riverside County
- Do Different Patterns of Light and Dark Affect Fruit Fly Reproduction?
Advisor: Mr. Rod Donaldson
School: Chemawa Middle School, Riverside
J1603 Blackmar, Carla A. Grade 8, San Diego County
- Do the Pores on the Outer Shell of Mopalia muscosa Perceive Light as Indicated by the Contractions of the Muscular Foot?
Advisor: Mr. Randy L. Borden
School: Bell (Alexander Graham) Junior High School, San Diego
J1604 Carrillo, Jorge H. Grade 8, Kern County
Advisor: Mr. Ronald Rodman
School: Jefferson (Thomas) Junior High School, Wasco
J1605 Dees, Rebekah L. Grade 8, Santa Clara County
- Is a Parakeet's Size Regulated by Color?
Advisor: Ms. Sherry Dees
School: Stonegate Elementary School, San Jose
J1606 Dorian, Paul J. Grade 8, Santa Clara County
- Pigeons Fly Home
Advisor: Mr. Daniel Judnick
School: Bernal Intermediate School, San Jose
J1607 Fisher, Joshua B. Grade 8, Los Angeles County
- Bird Feeders: Which Bird Feeder will Birds Eat from First, Most, and Why?
Advisor: Mr. David Finkelstein
School: Parkman (Francis) Middle School, Woodland Hills
J1608 Forrester, Sarah M. Grade 8, Kern County
- How Light Affects Brine Shrimp
Advisor: Mrs. Kirsti Smith
School: Monroe (James) Junior High School, Ridgecrest
J1609 Frazee, Jennifer M. Grade 7, Monterey County
- Waterbears: Where do They Live?
Advisor: Mr. James Kirshner
School: Chartwell School, Seaside
J1610 Froke, Ben B. Grade 7, Monterey County
- Bird Responses to Boar Rootings
Advisor: Mr. Bud Smith
School: All Saints' Episcopal Day School, Carmel
J1611 Kim, Paul W. Grade 7, Ventura County
- Do Snails Have a Preference for a Certain Color?
Advisor: Mr. Timothy Peddicord
School: Fremont (John C.) Intermediate School, Oxnard
J1612 Mastroianni, Alexander J. Grade 8, Riverside County
- Sexing Parakeets
Advisor: Mr. Harry Post
School: Acacia Middle School, Hemet
J1613 Millar, Molly P. Grade 8, Ventura County
- The Learning Rate of Rats: Is There a Difference in the Learning Rate of Differently Trained Rats?
Advisor: Mrs. Susan Falk
School: Los Cerritos Intermediate School, Thousand Oaks
J1614 Mostman, Heather E. Grade 8, Los Angeles County
- Are Dogs Color Blind?
Advisor: Ms. Dorothy Chenevi
School: Chaminade Middle School, Chatsworth
J1615 Murr, Jaclyn L. Grade 8, Ventura County
- Feeding Preferences in Abalone Mariculture
Advisor: Ms. Roxanne Vettese
School: Santa Clara Elementary School, Oxnard
J1616 Parks, Lauren K. Grade 8, Monterey County
- Landmarks or World Geometry? A Study of the Navigational Styles of Male and Female Guinea Pigs
Advisor: Mrs. Noyce Bischoff
School: Santa Catalina Lower School, Monterey
J1617 Poole, Cyndi M. Grade 8, Ventura County
- The Influence of Nutrition, Temperature, and Developmental Stage on Aerobic Respiration in Tenebrio molitor
Advisor: Ms. Noreen Huybers
School: St. Rose of Lima Elementary School, Simi Valley
J1618 Revak, Kelly R. Grade 8, San Diego County
- Do Actively Regenerating Planaria Learn Faster than Normal Uncut Planaria?
Advisor: Ms. Bobbi Hirschkoff
School: Standley (William H.) Junior High School, San Diego
J1619 Ryan-Jones, Jason A. Grade 8, San Diego County
- What Color Lights are Arthropods Attracted To?
Advisor: Mr. Tom Ihlbrock
School: Portola (Gaspar de) Middle School, San Diego
J1620 Saltzer, Sam L. Grade 7, Orange County
- Why Do Orange Coast Bottlenosed Dolphins Frequent Certain Areas?
Advisor: Mr. Brad Hughes
School: Rancho San Joaquin Middle School, Irvine
J1621 Smith, Roxanne L. Grade 7, Kern County
- Water Respiration on Mealworms
Advisor: Ms. Patricia Davis
School: Compton Junior High School, Bakersfield
J1622 Van Scherpe, April L. Grade 8, San Mateo County
- Hereditary Patterns
Advisor: Mr. John Akers
School: Bowditch Middle School, Foster City
J1623 Wisen, Georgeanne A. Grade 8, Orange County
- Which Characteristic of a Flower Best Attracts Bees: Fragrance, Color, or Flavor?
Advisor: Ms. Margaret Hanson
School: Whittier Christian High School, Whittier
J1699 Madeson, Melissa Grade 7, Lake County
- Which Spider Web is Most Effective?
Advisor: Mr. Bill Baker
School: Kelseyville High School, Kelseyville
Listings of All Projects and All Students
California State Science Fair
1993 Project Listings